Here is a list of the typical contents of my "Goody Box," i.e.
the materials that I bring along on a visit to make the activities
and demonstrations more interesting:
- Empty bucket (for getting water from your water heater).
- Full 5-gallon jug (so you can see how heavy 5 gallons really is).
- Lifeboat water packets.
- Gas shutoff/bung wrench.
- Automobile flood light.
- NightStar flashlight, bracket, and holster.
- Another Faraday flashlight for comparison.
- Small and large glow sticks.
- 7-day candle, matches, and household pliers.
- MainStay, Datrex, and Mayday lifeboat food (for sampling).
- Millennium food bars (for sampling).
- MRE entrees (for sampling).
- Mountain House freeze-dried camping food (for sampling).
- A big fire (fake, so the fire marshal doesn't get mad at us).
- 5-pound ABC fire extinguisher (which you'll actually use).
- Blindfold (for fire evacuation drill).
- Lightweight space blanket.
All contents of SouthBaySafetyGuy.com, SouthBaySafetyGuy.net, and SouthBaySafetyGuy.org copyright © 2010-2013 by Michael S. Kenniston. All rights reserved.
This page was last updated on 2013-02-23.